With the holiday season, fast approaching and most of us staying inside it’s the perfect time to cuddle up with a book. Yep, if there is something I have done a lot more of in 2020 it is read. Reading is a great way to escape from the world, improve brain connectivity, and learn something.
This year has seen me fully convert to e-books and audiobooks thanks to Amazon’s Fire 7 Tablet. I used to dip in and out but now with the pandemic, it’s just easier to download and read a book. I’ve also got into audiobooks as it means I can listen to a book while cooking etc so I can get through more books on my list.
With many libraries, both in the UK and USA, having an online catalog you can save yourself some money and support your local community! There really is no excuse not to do more reading.
If you are not sure where to start I’ve put together a list of books I’ve read/ are on my reading list for the upcoming holiday season. They are largely self-improvement and business-related books as these are my go-to!
- No Filter – Sarah Frier
- Year of Yes – Shonda Rhimes
- The Greatest Secret – Rhonda Byrne
- The Power – Rhonda Byrne
- The Magic – Rhonda Byrne
- Hero – Rhonda Byrne
- How to relax – Thich Nhat Hanh
- Option B – Sheryl Sandberg
- The Saint, the Surfer and the CEO – Robin Sharma
- Shoemaker – Joe Foster
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad – Robert T Kiyosaki
- Think like a Monk – Jay Shetty
- The Murdoch Method – Irwin Stelzer
- Hit Refresh – Satya Nadella
- Girls who Run the World – Diana Kapp
- Facebook – Steven Levy
- The 5 am Club – Robin Sharma
- Life after Google – George Gilder
- More Myself – Alicia Keys